Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED

frenchie213
Explorer C

Southwest just cancelled our flights to Jamaica for a family of 6 less than 2 weeks from our departure date. Was told that our only option is to be given Southwest credit that is to expire in June. So not only do I now need to try and repurchase 6 airline tickets to Jamaica to travel in 12 days but also need to come up with all the money to purchase these since I am not able to be refunded MY MONEY from the FLIGHT THAT SOUTHWEST CANCELLED less than 2 WEEKS FROM DEPARTURE. Not to mention, how in the world am I going to use almost $4,000 in flight credit that has to be used by each individual in my family BY JUNE!!! The agent offered absolutely no HELP and flat out told me that there are NO OPTIONS AND THIS IS THE WAY IT IS!

SO BEYOND FRUSTRATED AND DISGUSTED WITH SOUTHWEST AIRLINES!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

If southwest cancelled your flight you are entitled to a refund. I would try calling reservation again at 800-435-9792 or you can Contact Customer Relations and hopefully they can assist you. 

-Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Just to be clear, Southwest would refund to the method of payment used to buy the tickets.

If you used travel funds, the refund would be in the form of travel funds.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Unfortunately flights are being cut all over due to low demand in certain markets. I imagine Jamaica is one of them. It happened to me for Tulsa, and I had to jump through a few hoops to get new flights booked using alternate (read: many stops) routes. 

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

Jessica, if your new routing has many connections, you might be better off time wise flying into Dallas or OK City and renting a car.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

If the original form of purchase was travel funds, what is the expiry date of the travel funds after flight cancellation? I can easily see the creation of travel funds that are essentially unusable.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I believe that the expiration date would revert to the date of the tavel fund used to buy the new ticket.

My personal rule of thumb is to use travel funds with near term expiration dates ONLY on flights that I am certain I will take.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@frenchie213 

So what happened when you call Customer Service like Blake suggested.  Please don't be one of those that get on here and complain, (and hoping to possibly get restitution) yet never come back and leave the readers not knowing the final results, even if it no result.