Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wait times to speak to a rep

parkernsherman
Explorer C

First time this has happened, my entire reservation was cancelled. According to the email SWA would adjust pricing to match my original pricing. Called in to get my credit and the wait time was over 84 minutes. After 2 hours I hung up. Any idea as to why the long wait times? thankyou

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Wait times to speak to a rep

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

Can't say for certain, but could be due to other Customers like you who have had their reservations changed. This has been a popular discussion topic here this week.

social media (Facebook or Twitter) is typically the quickest way to get someone if you participate in those channels

parkernsherman
Explorer C

Not everyone lives their life via social media so that is out. I think a better explanation is required. 120 minutes and you are still on hold? That is rather unacceptable. What about changing your website to allow for the same fare when this happens so you DON'T have to call in to get an adjustment--if its happening so often that maybe the best route to cut down on the calls. Thank you.

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of your long hold time on the phone there are a couple reasons why the hold times are long currently. 

1. Lots of people changing and canceling flights due to COVID19. 

2. Southwest had some crazy reaccomadation system issue that messed up reservations (canceling people's flights, changing departure cities, impossible connections) so lots of people calling to get that fixed. 

A few things you could try to avoid the hold time: 

1. Use the southwest app chat feature it is usually very quick and easy to get through to an agent. 

2. Reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM and they should be able to assist in getting your flight fixed

3. If you want to speak with a representative on the phone you could try calling customer relations at 855-234-4654 and there hold time might be less but it could also be longer.  

-Blake 

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

@bec102896 wrote: 

1. Use the southwest app chat feature it is usually very quick and easy to get through to an agent. 

I forgot about the chat feature in the app! Good thing we have Champions here 🤣

parkernsherman
Explorer C

Thank you for the suggestions. Just tried calling customer service and their wait time is greater than 2 hours. The chat function has been disabled on the app. Now that is getting REALLY RIDICULOUS.

bec102896
Aviator A

@parkernsherman wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions. Just tried calling customer service and their wait time is greater than 2 hours. The chat function has been disabled on the app. Now that is getting REALLY RIDICULOUS.

With the chat function sometimes it gets overloaded and you just have to try a few times. Like a give it 5-10mim I think it stops working at 7 or 8pm though 

bec102896
Aviator A

So I just went to the app and clicked the option for chat and it comes right up without issue. Make sure your logged in to your rapid rewards account then go to the menu and scroll down to chat under the contact options. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

You could always try e-mail.  I've found that the airline has been pretty responsive to my e-mails in the past.

to do so, click on "contact us" below and click on "send a message".

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I agree that this is an extended length of time.   Sorry to hear this happened.  But EVERYONE should expect longer waits for everything these days, I've accepted it.  Still have to wait outside at the grocery market even today.  No problem.  But maybe a suggestion that SWA does like other businesses I've called and allowed me to get on a "CALL BACK" option.  That way I can do what I need to be doing and I get a callback.