Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Wait times to speak to a rep

Passenger1C
Aviator C

I would think that most passengers would jump to the opportunity to bypass a 2 hour wait by phone and attempt to utilize social media. I know my time is worth it! My grandparents even use Twitter now instead of calling because it’s way more efficient. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Whenever I have called Southwest in the past month or two, my hold times have been under a minute. I certainly haven't had a 2 hour wait, and I've called 8 or so times.

bec102896
Aviator A

@bwallet wrote:

Whenever I have called Southwest in the past month or two, my hold times have been under a minute. I certainly haven't had a 2 hour wait, and I've called 8 or so times.

Do you have A List? If so that will explain why you get through so fast. Other times hold times will vary depending on weather like last night weather made travel in Dallas a headache which makes lots of extra calls for rebooking. Other times hold times can be long because of systemwide schedule changes which have been happening a lot lately. 

I'm glad you have been able to get though quickly though

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I'm A-List Preferred. I didn't think that they used caller id because they never greet me personally when I call. Marriott greets me by name when I call, for instance.