Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Web Site ACCESS DENIED

Wendeborn
Explorer C

ISSUE: cannot access my account "Access Denied" message

Looking for Solutions, 

Recently, I have repeatedly been denied Access to my SWA login or any SWA connection on the computer, also on my wife’s computer.  No previous problems accessing for years, only started several weeks ago.

The app on my (and wife's) phone will open but will not let us access scheduled flights or make reservations --> resultant message is “Access Denied” on the SWA server.

I have contacted SWA customer service x2, they all have said they "have never heard of that problem", even when referred to supervisor.  

Both times I worked through what the customer service rep suggested eg "reset password" . . all with the same “Access Denied” with a long (different) reference number each time attempted.

I have conferred with my internet service provider (ISP) (Spectrum) who confirmed all systems working on ISP end and my end.

I can access other airlines and other websites with no problem using Chrome

I have cleared browsing history, cache, restarted several times.

I am not on a VPN,

I not out of country,

I have tried other web browsers, all work accept when trying to access SWA!!

My wife has same issue on her computer.

Example of message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/flight/login?" on this server.

Reference #18.273a2f17.1657036741.46000c20

When searching for possible solutions on the SWA Community Forum the same issues shows up with same type “Denied Access” and long Ref#.

See Forum Examples from several years ago of the problem I am having:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Travel-Policies/Permission-to-access-your-site-denied/td-p/63839

Wendeborn_0-1657038673081.png

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Web Site ACCESS DENIED

KLaMonica
Adventurer A

I just clicked on the SWA login link from  your post and was able to log in immediately. It may be an issue with your internet/server??? There may be a bug of some sort, idk, wish I had better counsel for you. 

Wendeborn
Explorer C

Thx for reply.

I too just now tried calling up my login and for the first time in days it works!!

Don't know what happened behind the scenes but my email to customer relations may have finally gotten through!!

jksobonya
Aviator A

Strange, it's possible that you have been banned from accessing Southwest, the question is why.

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Do you have the same issue when using Incognito Mode in Chrome?

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Do you have the same issue when using Incognito Mode in Chrome?

--TheMiddleSeat

Now that is a good question.

To me it sounds like something is messed up with the login. Try logging in manually instead of with autofil.

Wendeborn
Explorer C

Thx for reply,

I too just now tried calling up my login again and for the first time in days it works!!

Don't know what happened behind the scenes but my email to customer relations may have finally gotten through!!

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@Wendeborn , Awesome! After researching your situation, it appears one of our security measures was a little overzealous in thinking you were coming from a risky IP.  Our Tech Team was able to step in in your case 🙂 Thanks for reaching out.

Nicole
Community Manager

Wendeborn
Explorer C

Thank You Tech Team! 

I am able to access all sites SWA again 😁

gibosngilbert
Explorer C

Yes I also easily able to access website from my country