Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why aren't my flights being shown when I try to make a new reservation

topazz11
Explorer C

I tried to change my reservation to see if the price went down.  I got an error message saying I had to call to change it.  I tried making a new reservation and my flights aren't there.  Does anyone know why this would happen?  

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why aren't my flights being shown when I try to make a new reservation

dfwskier
Aviator A

I suspect what happened is that your original flight was cancelled. There have been reports  from a few people of that happening absent a notification from the airline.

Have you checked your phone to see if the airline sent you a text about this.

Does your account include the words "you have been rebooked?"

If the flights are now cheaper, you could simply cancel and then book again.

If the flights are now more expensive, you could contact the airline in a way other than the phone. I would suggest e-mail. Click on contact us below to see how to do that.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@topazz11 wrote:

I tried to change my reservation to see if the price went down.  I got an error message saying I had to call to change it.  I tried making a new reservation and my flights aren't there.  Does anyone know why this would happen?  

The schedule is pretty much a mess right now. Many flights have "zeroed out" inventory, to keep new people from booking. That may or may not mean your flight will ultimately be cancelled. Unfortunately, this means you won't be able to tell if the fare has decreased online. You could try calling, I'm not sure if the agent would be able to help or not. Good luck.

topazz11
Explorer C

Thank you

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I have noticed that sometimes when Southwest's system rebooks people it books them on flights that aren't available for sale so checking to see if the price went down online is not possible. 

One example my flight changed from a 1 stop change planes the new route is a 3 stop no change which isn't a bookable schedule so I couldn't check to see if the price went down unless i change flights.

In this case you could call reservations at 800-435-9792 and maybe they can check to see if the price went down or you can change to a different flight where you can check if the price drops online. 

-Blake

topazz11
Explorer C

Thank you 

jksobonya
Aviator A

That's what happened to me @bec102896! I contacted Southwest on social media and they changed my flight for me, it took a few minutes! I should check again and see if it's still on schedule, I haven't gotten any more notifications and it's a month away. I suspect I'll end up canceling it anyway, but ... I keep holding out that things will turn to normal sooner rather than much, much later 😞 

--Jessica