Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why no Wanna Get Away fare?

pmcojm
Explorer C

I'm looking at flights from Tampa to Las Vegas on December 26, and it shows no fares in the Wanna Get Away column. Surely they aren't all sold out already. Will more be added?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why no Wanna Get Away fare?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's not surprising that Wanna Get Away fares are not available for peak holiday travel. I suspect they have not yet released WGA fares for that day and are waiting to see how many tickets they can sell at the more expensive Anytime and Business Select fares. Why offer discounts on the day EVERYONE wants to fly?

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

And for the record, there is one flight with WGA fares available.

Screenshot_20210804-214159_Southwest.jpg

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

a $432 WGA fare?? --- who woulda thought ... 

pmcojm
Explorer C

Fares everywhere are through the roof right now. Very frustrating trying to plan not knowing whether they will come down or remain high. Right now, a rt on SW from Tampa to Las Vegas for us would be $1100 each! That's not even traveling on the peak days.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@pmcojm wrote:

Fares everywhere are through the roof right now. Very frustrating trying to plan not knowing whether they will come down or remain high. Right now, a rt on SW from Tampa to Las Vegas for us would be $1100 each! That's not even traveling on the peak days.

Madness! Flight prices are definitely up now, glad I booked my flights in early June when they were having that 50% off sale! Saved so much $$$!

--Jessica