Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Will bonus flights be added for summer?

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Or is fleet and staff too short?

thank you god bless

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Will bonus flights be added for summer?

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

I'm not sure if anyone in the community can provide you with a definite answer to that question, however, it is not unlikely for Southwest to add additional flights or routes during the summer months to their already existing schedule. I would check every so often and if a new and better flight is listed, change my flight to that one. Personally, I would say the answer is yes (given restrictions being loosened), as the schedule is not really official/finalized/no-changes would be made until about a couple of weeks before departure.

bec102896
Aviator A

Flights have been added and canceled a lot the last couple years so it is possible that flights get added but its also possible the schedule gets cut as well especially with the fuel costs and staffing battle that is ongoing. You can always book now and if a better flight opens up you can change to it without a change fee you would just pay the difference in fare. I would recommend booking summer travel now in case the fuel prices continue to rise which would equal higher flight prices 

jksobonya
Aviator A

It's difficult to know for sure. At present Southwest is actually cutting flights over the next month due to the fuel crisis / labor issues. If fuel / labor doesn't improve, this might continue to happen in the summer, so there would be less flights available (and probably more expensive) than more flights available. 

--Jessica

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Early June they will decide?