Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Will my travel partner get an email?

Tealblue
Explorer C

My spouse and I are both Rapid Rewards members. I want to book a trip and surprise him with it. We will be on the same itinerary. If I book it, do my booking, then get to his booking page, will I have to enter an email address for him?  I don’t mind doing that, as I can enter my own email address, but I am afraid that they will send a confirmation email to the address that they already have on file for him in his account, rather than the “new” one provided during booking. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Will my travel partner get an email?

bec102896
Aviator A

On the booking page on the full website you can enter his email address or just yours. However if you enter 2 email addresses one will be for the confirmation email the other email will be a share itinerary with (you can share the itinerary with up to 4 email addresses when booking on the website) if you enter just your email you will be the only one to get a confirmation. 

Tealblue
Explorer C

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If his RR# is on the reservation he may get reminder emails later on, promoting car rentals or hotel bookings.  He may also get a reminder to check-in and if he logs into his account the trip would be listed as an upcoming trip.  So, depending on when you plan on letting him know about the trip there may be other times that could ruin the surprise.  The best option would be to not include his RR# when making the reservation then either add it after you tell him about the trip or request credit for missing points after the trip is completed.

--TheMiddleSeat

Tealblue
Explorer C

Thank you!