Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

business select-anytime-wanna get away

New Arrival

What is the difference in these?  
Why wouldn't I want to choose the lowest priced ticket?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: business select-anytime-wanna get away

Rising Star

The Wanna Get Away is non refundable and you earn 6 rapid rewards points per dollar. If you should want to take an earlier flight on the day of departure you would need to upgrade your ticket to the anytime fare. 

The anytime fare is refundable/changeable and you will earn 10 rapid rewards points per dollar. 

The business select ticket is refundable/changeable and earns you 12 rapid rewards points per dollar. You will also get to be one of the first 15 people to board (after pre boards) A1-15 range. You will also get a free alcoholic beverage of your choice on the plane *must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol aboard any Southwest flight. 

So the biggest difference is the wanna get away is the most restrictive fare and you earn the fewest points while the business select is most flexible with most points earned and the benefit of being in the A1-A15 boarding. 

-Blake

Highlighted

Top Contributor
Solution

When booking a flight you can also click on the names of the fare types at the top of the columns with the prices in them to see this chart which shows the benefits of each fare.

FareTypes.PNG

--TheMiddleSeat

Highlighted

New Arrival

Thank you for the simple explanation.  I had searched the website for it but couldn't find anything.  
I haven't flown in years!  All so new and different.  

Can you also explain rapid reward points and what they are good for?

Highlighted

Rising Star
Solution

@jbugg wrote:

Thank you for the simple explanation.  I had searched the website for it but couldn't find anything.  
I haven't flown in years!  All so new and different.  

Can you also explain rapid reward points and what they are good for?

If you join  Southwest's frequent flyer program you will earn Rapid Rewards points which is based on the fair type you book and the cost of the ticket the points do not expire so even if you only travel once or twice a year they will still be good the next time you fly Southwest.

Rapid Rewards points can be used to get free flights. Once you earn enough points  you can redeem  for the flight of your choice all you would pay is the government fee of $5.60 one way for domestic travel. The number of points needed for a flight is dependent on the cost of the ticket in dollars so a higher priced ticket in $ will cost more points then a lower cost ticket in $. Also some flights will cost more points based on time of day or if it's a non stop flight vs a flight with a connection. 

It is free to join the rapid rewards program and you can do so on southwest.com once your account is created you can put your rapid rewards number on any flight you take which is how you will earn points for free flights. There are no blackout dates or flight restrictions to use points on southwest every seat is a reward seat so as long as you have enough points you can redeem them.

-Blake