Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

cancel reservations

saltmanone
Explorer B

I have tried to get thru to reservations and keep getting put on hold. All I want to do at this point is cancel a group reservation.Is there a way to cancel by e-mail or some other way?

Unable to cancel on SW .com because of group purchase

3 REPLIES 3

Re: cancel reservations

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Group travel cancelations have been an issue, the only suggestion I can offer is to be patient. Group travel is also not technically able to be canceled so there may be no point in calling in at this time. Policies may change, and hopefully they do, so stay tuned. If your travel is not in the next day or two it would be best to wait until later to call in. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

If your travel is more than a week away, call later.

You've already experienced the madness of calling now.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

@saltmanone wrote:

I have tried to get thru to reservations and keep getting put on hold. All I want to do at this point is cancel a group reservation.Is there a way to cancel by e-mail or some other way?

Unable to cancel on SW .com because of group purchase

I'm so sorry for the long hold times, @saltmanone. Unfortunately, to cancel a Group Reservation, you'll need to call the Group Travel Services number to make the request at 1-800-433-5368  Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to midnight Central time.

If you are requesting a refund for any reason, please follow up the call and cancellation with your request in writing to SouthwestGroupTravelRefunds-DG@wnco.com along with any supporting documentation for our consideration. While our Agents have all hands on deck, we're still experiencing extremely high volumes, so we will be able respond within 5-7 days

Thank you for coming here with your questions. I know the circumstances are not ideal, and we deeply appreciate your patience. 

Nicole
Community Manager