Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

cancellation question

pslats
Explorer C

SW re-booked our flight to Florida from 4/18/20 to 4/20/20. Is that considered a cancellation of our original flight?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: cancellation question

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Yes. That allows you to receive a refund if you prefer. 

I'm curious... Southwest shifted you to a flight 2 days later? What route? This seems very unusual that they couldn't accommodate you on a flight closer to the original schedule. 

--TheMiddleSeat

pslats
Explorer C

It appears it's the same route just two days later. The route was Milwaukee to Panama City Beach with a stop in Nashville both ways.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks for the additional information. I see there's only one trip (two flights with a connection in between) per day so that explains why the date had to change if one of the two flights comprising the trip was unavailable. What is still odd is the 2 day delay, but lots of flights are being shifted so it could have been altered both days. Very unfortunate for you. You could perhaps see about going a day earlier if that was acceptable to you.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: How do you get a refund?

naturo1
Explorer C

If I can't get through to SW how do I tell them I want a refund for the flight they canceled? 

Re: How do you get a refund?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@naturo1 wrote:

If I can't get through to SW how do I tell them I want a refund for the flight they canceled? 

Your best bet for a refund request is to send them a private message via Twitter or Facebook. Good luck!