Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

change flight

bguzman
Explorer C

HI, I need to re scheduled my April 7 flight number 496 for November but the calendar only allows until October. If I don t re scheduled it will appear like I did not showed for  tomorrow's flight.

The reservation name is Beatriz Guzman

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: change flight

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

First, please edit your post to remove your confirmation number. 

Southwest is currently only selling flights through October 30th. If you did not purchase EarlyBird Check-In then it would be best to cancel your flight instead of changing it, then you will have until the end of June 2021 to use the travel fund you receive.

If you did purchase EarlyBird Check-In then you are definitely better off changing your flight instead of canceling so you don't lose EarlyBird, although you can now ask for a refund of it. I still think it's easier to change your flight instead of canceling in this situation. 

Since you can't yet book November travel, book any flight of equal or lesser price scheduled after April 23rd. This is just a placeholder so the actual flight you pick does not matter. On April 23rd Southwest is scheduled to extend their schedule so you can then change your flight again to the November flight you want to take.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: change flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bguzman wrote:

HI, I need to re scheduled my April 7 flight number 496 for November but the calendar only allows until October. If I don t re scheduled it will appear like I did not showed for  tomorrow's flight.

The reservation name is Beatriz Guzman

Thanks

Southwest will let you change your flight at no cost to any flight with available seats on the same routing that will leave in the next 60 days. You could just pick a random flight in late May and then wait for the schedule change to change you flight again.

There is no guarantee how long "the 60 days to reschedule rule" will remain in place. So if you are not holding and EBCI reservation, it might simply be easier to cancel now and have travel funds hat are good thru 6/30/21. Currently you would have to cancel by 5/31/20 to be eligible for that later expiration date.

No one  knows if that program will be extended.