Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: constant cancellations, changes

dfwskier
Aviator A

@redli7 wrote:

Yes!  Booked a non stop roundtrip SEA to PHX for October.  

August 11 got a change to the return flight with a layover in SAC, adding hours to the total flight time. Re-booked on another nonstop, and on 8/19, they changed that non stop we chose to a one stop and layover in SAC again, so we have cancelled the trip and rebooked on another airline.  If you aren't truly offering the flights, don't show them on the schedule. Opening seats hoping for higher paying fares?

Sorry to hear that you have run into rescheduling difficulty.

No airline puts flights on the schedule "for fun." They re put on the schedule because the airline intends to fly them. Rescheduling is not something airlines want to do because it irritates passenger. You are the perfect example of that.

In the case of Southwest, the airline was a bit more optimistic than other airlines about the return of people actually flying. It now seems that optimism was a bit much. So now Southwest is cancelling flights and rebooking people.

All airlines are doing it courtesy the virus. It does seem that Southwest may be doing it more than some other airlines because it was overly optimistic about the return of passengers..

hattrick89
Explorer C

So what's with being rebooked on another flight when your original flight is still scheduled?  I'm traveling with a large party and only I've been rebooked TWICE when my original flight was still taking reservations.  I've had to put myself back on my original flight twice now.  I can understand it happening if flights get cancelled, but my original flight is not cancelled.  What's the deal??!!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@hattrick89 No need for the duplicate post. See my reply in your other thread

--TheMiddleSeat

sylviaannlewis
Explorer C

We are so tired of southwest changing our flights. It feels like this should be illegal. We're done. We make reservations with other family members for travel and can't risk these changes. No more Southwest for us.