Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

flights cancelled

billsea
Explorer C

I've had two flights in a row cancelled, both non-stops from Tampa to Albany, NY. I'm wondering if it could be due to a low demand for this flight and am thinking I may have better luck if a book a flight with a layover at a major airport. Not my first choice, but I'd like to get home. Anyone have any thoughts on this matter? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: flights cancelled

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

All flights are in low demand right now.

Personally, I'd steer away from connecting flights as that just doubles the chance that one of them is cancelled.

Re: flights cancelled

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@billsea wrote:

I've had two flights in a row cancelled, both non-stops from Tampa to Albany, NY. I'm wondering if it could be due to a low demand for this flight and am thinking I may have better luck if a book a flight with a layover at a major airport. Not my first choice, but I'd like to get home. Anyone have any thoughts on this matter? Thank you.

Due to the coronavirus pandemic Southwest has reduced it's schedule down to a fraction of their usual flights. Many destinations are now only accessible with connecting flights. Essential travel will be challenging for the next few months. If a rebooked option doesn't work for you, you can always request a refund.