Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

my reservation got cancelled without a notification

lamia
Explorer C

Hi, i had a flight from New York (LGA) to Houston (Hobby) but the reservation got automatically canceled without any notification.  It's not even showing up in my account anymore, and nor have I been given any alternatives. I understand traveling is a concern but I have to go to NY for an urgent matter and come back to Houston. Can someone please let me know what to do?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: my reservation got cancelled without a notification

bec102896
Aviator A

I would reach out to southwest on Facebook or Twitter so they can look in to your reservation to see what happened. You could also try calling 800-435-9792 but hold times may be long. 

- Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A

You didn't get an e-mail or text? That would be unusual.

Hopefully, you have your confirmation number.

If so, you can try to find (and change) your reservation by using it.

gsking
Aviator C

These days, it seems the notifications are at best delayed... or never come.   Slightly strange considering how well they notify you of a ten minute delay. 

I've begun to keep my original email notifications in an archive so I had a listing of record locators. 

Matt4202
Adventurer A

Can I ask the dates of travel? It seems this route has been cancelled for most dates in May, but now through May 2nd are available. After that nothing for LGA or Long Island. It looks like Long Island resumes back to Houston on May 18th. But if you need a flight to New York and back between the 3rd and the 17th Southwest will not be running that route.

Also, yes it's happened to me as well I notice something missing in the app then check and find it was cancelled with no email, even a week later still no email.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I've noticed lots of complaints about this on social media. It seems that the notification process has been changed, or perhaps the cancellation process has. Many customers are finding out their itinerary has been changed only after checking their account details. I suspect that with the drastic schedule changes the system isn't working quite like it's supposed to. It's probably a good idea to be proactive regarding scheduled flights got the next few months.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

I've noticed lots of complaints about this on social media. It seems that the notification process has been changed, or perhaps the cancellation process has. Many customers are finding out their itinerary has been changed only after checking their account details. 

It appears that is not good enough. You have to check more than account details. I had  9:10 flight scheduled for today. Tried to change the flight, and the system refused to let me do so. Tried to check in and discovered the my flight had been changed to 11:35 -even though the SW webpage

listing upcoming travel still showed a 9:10 departure time. The was no note that I had been rebooked..

I suspect that I could not change the flight because part of the SW system showed a 9:10 flight and another part showed a 11:35 flight. I finally just cancelled the flight because there was no way I I was going to spend lots of time on the phone with SW to sort this  out.

The moral of the story: the only way I found  out about the rebook was when I went to the checkin page.

I can only imagine what would have happened if i had been late in checking in and the airline had booked me on an earlier flight - that had already departed.