Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

points on upcoming flight

jdsl1998
Explorer C

How can I find out what amount of points were used on each leg of a future flight?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: points on upcoming flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

When you bought your ticket, each flight that you could have booked showed how many points were needed for each of those flights.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

If you booked it as a round trip, I am not aware of a way to go back and see that. A few thoughts/

• your confirmation email will have the total points used, not separated by leg
  • you can try and “book” again; if the price hasn’t changed, that will give you the j do you are looking for
  • otherwise, I am confident that customer service or relations can give you the info you need; use a “Contact Us” option (below) to see what you can find. 

If you find a way we don’t know about, pls come back and let us know. Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

If you first check the current price for the leg then go into your account and choose the change flight option you can see the price difference which would let you determine the price paid.

For example, if I search for a flight and see that it is currently selling for $50 or 5000 points then I go into my account, choose change flight, and see I can change to the same flight for +$10 or +1000 points you can determine that you paid $40 or 4000 points for the flight.

I believe this needs to be done on the full southwest.com website, not through the app. In the app you don't see the fare difference up front, you would need to continue on to the final booking screen to see the difference.

Of course, all this is unnecessary if the email confirmation has the info you want, but as said, I don't think it splits a roundtrip into the individual legs.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

If you first check the current price for the leg then go into your account and choose the change flight option you can see the price difference which would let you determine the price paid.

For example, if I search for a flight and see that it is currently selling for $50 or 5000 points then I go into my account, choose change flight, and see I can change to the same flight for +$10 or +1000 points you can determine that you paid $40 or 4000 points for the flight.

Brilliant suggestion!