Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

"Strange" name on reservation

pkerr100
Explorer B

Looking at various places on my wife's reservation her name is showing up "strangely".

It's either Firstname CPA Lastname or Firstname CPA or Firstname Lastname CPA.  I did book the flt using my points so I don't know if that matters.  She has another flt. booked using my points and it doesn't show up with the "CPA". in her name

Thoughts?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: "Strange" name on reservation

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The reservation booked with her points is using the name information stored in her Rapid Rewards account.  CPA is a optional suffix that can be added to a stored name.  If that is incorrectly included you can contact Southwest to have it removed.  The reservations for her that were "purchased" with someone else's points did not use stored information and the name was typed in.  That explains the differences.  CPA included or not will not affect the reservation or interaction with TSA.

To contact Southwest use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Edit... if both flights were booked with your points and not hers, then you must have accidently applied the suffix when manually entering her name and other information.

Now that I read your post again it's not entirely clear if all flights used your points or not.

--TheMiddleSeat

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

My tickets all have PHD on them. TSA agents call me Dr. Wallet all the time, and a few ask me what field. Other than that, it doesn't matter. I doubt a TSA agent is going to ask your wife for tax advice.