Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

refunds

eboni206
Explorer C

I want a refund, because I have no plans to travel by air in the near future. It's not our fault that the cruise was cancelled.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: refunds

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@eboni206 wrote:

I want a refund, because I have no plans to travel by air in the near future. It's not our fault that the cruise was cancelled.

You'll need to call customer relations in the "contact us"  down to the lower left of this page, or reach out by twitter or other means listed there. 

This is primarily a customer-to-customer community and we are here mainly for advice, suggestion, or clarification. 

As far as we know right now Southwest is not offering refunds of non-refundable WGA fares, only travel funds.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Carissamckeever
Explorer C

Customer relations is a joke they don’t care 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Did you book the cruise through Southwest? If you did, then you have a cause for grievance. If you did not, it isn't Southwest's fault that the cruise canceled. It is unfair for you to expect Southwest to refund your money if they are willing to fly you as contracted because your cruise was canceled. They are willing to give you credit if you cancel as is stated in the contract that you entered. Again, while it isn't your fault, it isn't Southwest's fault either.

denim
Explorer C

BUT, did you ever wonder why airlines are given a break on refunds?  When I cancel a trip, the hotel and car rental refunds are credited back to my card within a day!  Why do airlines get to keep your money hostage?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@denim wrote:

BUT, did you ever wonder why airlines are given a break on refunds?  When I cancel a trip, the hotel and car rental refunds are credited back to my card within a day!  Why do airlines get to keep your money hostage?

Mainly because the airlines have contracts with their passengers that explain what the airlines will do in certain situations.

As far as car rentals go, most are not even billed until after you return the car.

As far as hotels go, if you have a non refundable room booked, and the hotel remains open,

you are going to be outta luck with your refund. If you have a refundable hotel room, as with car rentals, you are not even billed until you check out.

Jessebowens73
Explorer C

At this time with all this happening anybody who wants a full refund it should be granted we are facing something we never had before a credit should not be an option 

denim
Explorer C

Exactly! (Except I don't agree that Refunds should be given only because of Covid-19 disruptions--I never understood why airlines get a break--get to keep your money hostage--when other travel providers like hotels and rental car companies usually refund immediately.

pmblais514
Explorer C

Imagine you book a table at a restaurant, then decide not to go and cancel, but they charge you for the food anyway. That's what airlines do. Once you book, they are going to keep your money even if they don't provide the service. Why is that an acceptable practice for any business....to keep your money even if they don't provide the service. Why does non-refundable even exist?!? Its a scam...a pure and simple business scam. 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Have any of you ever purchased airplane tickets before? Seriously?