Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

res confirm email but no charge

pepsup
Explorer C

i made a reservation and rcvd a confirmation email w confirmation code . payment showed pending on my cc and now it disappeared completely. when i log on to southwest.com my reservation still shows. never happened to me before.

do i have to be concerned that my ticket got canceled? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: res confirm email but no charge

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If your reservation shows in your account on southwest.com you have a ticket.  You did not indicate how much time has passed, but I suspect the charge will appear.

--TheMiddleSeat

pepsup
Explorer C

i booked online yesterday and the “pending charge” showed on my cc until this afternoon and is now completely gone.

the res still shows when i log in on southwest.com for now … wonder if it will keep showing until my flight next week 

thank you for your previeous reply 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

use travel funds by accident?

pepsup
Explorer C

not that i am aware of 

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

I've had this happen to me many, many times with other purchases...where it shows up as pending and then just disappears into credit card land.

I'm willing to bet that you will see it as a true charge by next Tuesday morning.  I'm noticing that pending charges on my Citi account don't go from pending to hard charges from Friday through Monday.  Sometime during Monday night, magic happens, and there they are on Tuesday morning.

bec102896
Aviator A

Just curious when you say the reservation shows up in your account are you able to click on the reservation and see all the details? I've had some reservations show up in my account but when I click to view them I'm told this reservation has been cancelled (ones I did truly cancel they just got stuck in my account for a day or 2) 

You might try to open the reservation just in case because you don't want to end up without a ticket 

As others have said the charge my post on Tuesday or Wednesday with the weekend