Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

ridiculous changes to itinerary

schatzisd
Explorer C
I have to say I am not happy with SWA right now. I booked a flight for a friend using miles. Her flight was changed to 2 stops instead of 1. When I looked online at flights, the miles to be used were less than the ones I used to book, but when I rebooked on line SWA charged me 2000+ more miles. The original flights were still available Think this is not right. Totally not happy with SWA. I should be refunded 3000+ miles into my account. Not to mention the 3 hours spent looking at flights, trying to call and being put on hold x 1 hour, etc.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: ridiculous changes to itinerary

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

If Southwest made a change to the itinerary, you're allowed to change it to something that works better for free. You should have not been charged anything additional. I suspect you somehow missed the deadline for free online changes (3 days to 1 week approximately), but if you had called a rep could have made the change for you for free.

You have a couple of options now:

-- Contact Customer Relations, explain the issue and ask them to adjust your points and/or move the itinerary back to the original flight.

-- If the lower fare and/or original flight still exists, you can simply cancel the flight and rebook. If you do this, and if you have enough points on hand for the new flight, go ahead and rebook first, then cancel. The points spent on the initial flight will be redeposited into your account.

IMPORTANT: You'll want to edit your post and remove your confirmation number, as this can be used by nefarious people to mess with your booking.

This is primarily a customer-to-customer forum, so you'll not received help from Southwest here. You'll need to reach out to them directly. Be aware that they're having some difficulties lately, leading to very long hold times or delayed online support. Good luck.

Contact Customer Relations 

terrijo
Explorer C

So I have a problem with some changes they made to my  flight. Contacting Customer Relations ?? Friday I was on hold for 138 minutes trying to find another flight after mine was canceled. I wasn't able to make my second flight either because the flight was delayed until 5:30 and my connecting flight was leaving at 4:00.

Now I've been on hold with CUSTOMER RELATIONS  for 158 minutes trying to re schedule  my flight again! This is so ridiculous!!!! 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@terrijo wrote:

So I have a problem with some changes they made to my  flight. Contacting Customer Relations ?? Friday I was on hold for 138 minutes trying to find another flight after mine was canceled. I wasn't able to make my second flight either because the flight was delayed until 5:30 and my connecting flight was leaving at 4:00.

Now I've been on hold with CUSTOMER RELATIONS  for 158 minutes trying to re schedule  my flight again! This is so ridiculous!!!! 

You may have better luck reaching out via Twitter or Facebook direct message, or contacting Customer Service via the app Chat function. (Although it's being reported that all contact methods are experiencing longer than usual reply times.)

Good luck.