Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

southwest changed flight

russwade
Explorer C

I got an email that my flight had been changed from a direct flight to one with a stop for my family of 5.  It shows a direct flight available the same day within 2 hours of my original flight- I would like to rebook to the direct flight but I keep getting an error message.  I have tried to call but have been unable to reach anyone, as well as message and even tweet.  I would love to be able to rebook on the computer however it doesn't let me.  Help!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: southwest changed flight

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You said you sent a message, but just to clarify it should be a private message to Southwest via Twitter or Facebook or you can use the chat function in the Southwest app. Waits will be long no matter what since a flood of changes just went out to customers. 

--TheMiddleSeat

russwade
Explorer C

Yes did direct message on both- been on hold for 1 and 1/2 hours on the phone as well to correct the change that they made.  

southwest changed flight

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Well, I hope your flight change wasn't as confusing as mine.  at 11:05 am I got notice of my flight change.  Then at 4:30 pm, I got another one showing me another change to that flight.  

gsking
Aviator C

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

Well, I hope your flight change wasn't as confusing as mine.  at 11:05 am I got notice of my flight change.  Then at 4:30 pm, I got another one showing me another change to that flight.  

It's been pretty bad for me too. 

I just realized a flight was changed in December to a different flight, which they emailed me about.   But then,  since then,  it changed to an earlier flight, even though the existing flight was still available.   No email notification. 

It doesn't help that the emails they send are nearly useless.   All have the same title,  so they get lumped together.   The text lists the new leg, then the old leg, then the resulting new flight.  It's hard to figure out exactly what changed. 

The worst is when the flight times don't even change.  All they change is a flight number,  and have to figure it out.   At least I'm given 3 days to figure out if the change in flight number is unacceptable to me. 

But forget to check your schedule for 3 days, and I'm stuck with their new plan. 

They need to find a better format to convey their changes,  or give us more than 72 hours to deal with it. 

Preferably both. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Looks like Southwest is in the middle of another round of schedule changes. As we know, unfortunately the automated system is woefully inadequate when tasked with widescale schedule adjustments, such as we're seeing due to the pandemic. General advice is to double check all your flights (regardless of any notifications), make any further changes needed yourself (if you can), and if not, research other flight options and then contact Customer Relations (I always recommend via Facebook or Twitter direct message).

Contact Customer Relations 

reneepasley
Explorer B

Unfortunately, this has been happening to me every time I book. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@reneepasley wrote:

Unfortunately, this has been happening to me every time I book. 

Southwest has been making massive schedule changes due to decreased demand because of the pandemic. At some point these changes will decrease, as people receive vaccines and travel picks back up.