special contract between SWA and travel agent for a non-refundable ticket

kyungbeenLee
Explorer C

ask20200413.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: special contract between SWA and travel agent for a non-refundable ticket

Rhmason74
Explorer C

@kyungbeenLee I would private message Southwest on Facebook or Twitter with your details from trip.com. This is a community forum, mainly to get advice or info from other Southwest customers. 

Their customer service is quite responsive, so hopefully your issue can be resolved quickly!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Wow, I did not know you could actually book a Southwest flight through another consumer website other than Southwest Vacations. So, first suggestion is to never do that again. When you booked the flight were you given a 6 character confirmation number in addition to any trip.com confirmation numbers? If so, this would allow you to work directly with Southwest to manage your booking. You are correct that you should be entitled to a refund, but trip.com may be a barrier in that process. If you have the Southwest confirmation number you could go directly to Southwest for the refund.

--TheMiddleSeat

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I book SW flights through the Concur website (though sometimes, I have to actually call them). Concur is American Express corporate travel.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@bwallet Yes, Concur and other corporate travel sites are not the consumer sites I was referring to. Consumer (non-corporate) travel should only be booked through southwest.com or Southwest Vacations.

--TheMiddleSeat