Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

text says canceled flight. Website shows on time.

srutherford
Explorer C

Any ideas why I would have gotten a text that says my flight from DAL to LAS was canceled, but the website shows that it's on time?  I don't want to scramble to make arrangements if the flight is not canceled.  We have to get to Vegas for a soccer tournament and my daughter is the goalie.  They kind of need her.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: text says canceled flight. Website shows on time.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Does the flight still show as on time in your account? Were you able to check in for it? 

--Jessica

srutherford
Explorer C

No, it won't let me check in.  But still says on time.

bec102896
Aviator A

If you have the mobile app does it tell you to check in at the airport? Sometimes the website is slow at updating to show canceled. Also it might have rebooked you in the text as well so you might look for that and then you would know if it was canceled. 

srutherford
Explorer C

On the mobile app, it says your trip was modified.  Under change/cancel it says visit a ticket counter or gate agent.  Then it shows the itinerary, which is the same as it was before.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Try checking Flight Aware. A quick and easy to remember way to check is to type the code for Southwest (WN) and the flight number into the Google search bar, then scroll to the Flight Aware link (usually at or near the top).

WN 1234

If it says cancelled, it's cancelled. If it shows on time (or delayed) then I'd recommend calling Southwest to double check.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

i would listen to gate agent they call dallas