Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

turn a round trip into a multicity

maryh1959
Adventurer C

I was wondering if there was a way that I could turn a round trip from STL to MCO into a multi-city trip that goes from STL to MCO to MDW? Does anyone here know? I don't want to lose my early bird status on the return.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: turn a round trip into a multicity

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

So you really just want to change the return flight from MCO-STL to MCO-MDW?

Since you booked the flight as a round trip you'll need someone at Southwest to change the itinerary. As long as you change and not cancel/rebook you will keep your EarlyBird status. Fastest option is probably using the live chat function in the Southwest app. If that's not available you can try private message to Southwest via Twitter or Facebook, but response time has been much slower lately. Calling and waiting on hold is simple, yet painfully slow.

If I misunderstood and you want to go MCO to STL and then to MDW, adding the additional leg I don't think you can add it to the existing itinerary and get EarlyBird without paying for it on the additional leg. Again, you would need to contact Southwest and see about doing this. 

--TheMiddleSeat

maryh1959
Adventurer C

I want to go from STL to MCO to MDW. Just changing the last part. I didn't realize what time I was leaving to fly back until just now and don't want to be in the airport at 430 am. But the other options are not in my price range. The train ticket only adds $29 to my budget instead of $94 for the other flight ( or a later one for same price with hotel at the other end).

bec102896
Aviator A

You would need to call reservations to make this type of change because if a difference in fare would need to be collected the app chat feature won’t work for you since they can’t process payments and same with Facebook and Twitter. You can reach reservations at 800-435-9792

your other option is to cancel the MCO-STL return online and book a new one way from MCO-MDW this would save the phone call 

-Blake 

maryh1959
Adventurer C

Nevermind found alternative.