Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Adding flights to savannah ga

alitah317
Explorer C

any plans for Southwest to add flights to Savannah GA?

Child going to college there.  Would love for her to be able to fly SW directly to Savannah.  Right now only option is to fly to Charleston or Jacksonville.  Still have a two hour drive from those cities.

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Adding flights to savannah ga

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Anything is possible but I doubt it.

Savannah was previously served by AirTran, which merged with Southwest. AirTran stopped serving Savannah in 2008 during a time of astronomical fuel costs but never re-started the service once prices returned to normal. Southwest closed the Savannah reservations center, a holdover from the AirTran days, back in 2013.

alitah317
Explorer C

Just flew to Savannah to drop my daughter off at SCAD.  Had to fly American which meant a stop in charlotte.  American was fine but would’ve loved the ease and price of southwest.  Full flight so looks like a lot of folks like to go to Savannah and Hilton Head Island.  Savannah airport is beautiful.  Southwest would be a great addition.  I hope they will consider adding it as a destination. 

travelingOT
Explorer C

I just flew out of Savannah, on American Airlines, and as we were taking off I happened to spot a Southwest plane sitting away from the gates. Hmmm?

alitah317
Explorer C

That gives me hope!!!!   It appears that Allegiant has stopped their flights from Nashville to Savannah so maybe southwest could take their spot.    

Come on Southwest!!!  Make my new year a happy one!!!!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@alitah317 wrote:

That gives me hope!!!!   It appears that Allegiant has stopped their flights from Nashville to Savannah so maybe southwest could take their spot.    

Come on Southwest!!!  Make my new year a happy one!!!!!

If you can find out more about who controls the gates there it would shed some light on things either way.

Just because Allegiant stops service doesn't mean the gate is available unfortunately, but it could be available.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

samuelkrause
Explorer C

I would also LUV to see flights to Savannah. My family and I vacation in Hilton Head every year and usually spend a few days in Savannah as well. I live near Springfield, MO so when Southwest served Branson, MO (KBKG) it was perfect for us. Now, we have to make the drive to Kansas City to get any sort of reasonable airfare. (At SGF the lowest ticket to Denver I can find hovers around $400...) We love flying Southwest because of their great hospitality, low fares, and Bags Fly Free, but it almost is not worth it to drive 2+ hours to KC and then 2+ hours from Charleston to Savannah.

Balto_red
Explorer C

I would love, love, love if Southwest would add service to the Savannah airport. I travel there 3-4 times a year, but have to fly into Charleston then drive 2 hours. If there were direct flights from Baltimore I would be able to go even more!! I’m sure it would be a very popular route!

Please, please!!