Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Airports Southwest Needs to Fly to

Jillianb9
Explorer C

I believe that Southwest needs to start flying to Bangor, ME. I've been using Southwest for a few years now to fly from Texas to Maine and it's so hard flying into Portland and then having to drive two-three hours north to where I actually need to go. Even if it was a smaller flight that would go from Portland to Bangor that would be fine. But ideally having a connection in Baltimore heading to Bangor would be great. It's such an inconvenience having to drive those extra few hours after already spending an entire day of flying. I think it's really something they should consider. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Airports Southwest Needs to Fly to

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sounds like good idea

Your best bet is to tell the airline that you' d like to see that happen.. Here's how to do that

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/8724...

bec102896
Aviator A

Funny you mention Bangor, ME. I just had to book my brother on United today to/from Bangor because SW doesn't fly there maybe someday though but for now your best bet is to share your suggestion with southwest directly on Facebook or Twitter. 

-Blake

Jillianb9
Explorer C

Thanks Blake! I've tried out American Airlines or United but never have a very good experience with them so thats why I always choose SW. I'll definitely look into this solution tho. Thanks again! 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

With  the cost of living in suburbs, like school, family, food, many airlines ignore cities not to be rude but no demand 

Bill5303
Explorer A

I wish SWA would consider serving AVL (Asheville, NC). 

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

If they can fill planes to and from a given city they will beat path to get gate space at the local airport. If they can't project a reasonable profit it just isn't going to happen🙁.

I remember when SWA flew to Key West, but they scrapped that destination 5 or 6 years ago, just couldn't fill the planes