Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Any special perks for Honeymooners?

vhhorne
Explorer C

My son and new DIL will be traveling to Jamaica on their Honeymoon on Monday, January 20. Does SW do anything special for an occasion like this?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Any special perks for Honeymooners?

dfwskier
Aviator A

If asked, the flight attendant at the front of the plane might announce the event to all on the plane.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Curious as to what you are thinking Southwest might do or what you would like them to do.

--TheMiddleSeat

vhhorne
Explorer C

An announcement would be nice but a glass of champagne would be appreciated. 

bec102896
Aviator A

Was the crew able to do anything for them on the flight last week?

RDU_HOU
Explorer C

I know it's past the time when your family is flying, but could be helpful for other readers...

My wife and I flew SW to Cancun for our honeymoon about a year and a half ago. I tweeted the SW twitter account about us using them to make the trek and if there were "any fun perks for us on this special trip", they were very kind and told us to talk to the agent at the gate as they put some notes in our reservation. The gate agent then gave us free wifi codes, and priority boarding. SW also mailed us some TShirts and drink vouchers a month later. While on the plane, they made an announcement and brought us AN ENTIRE BOTTLE of champagne. 

The key is to be kind, polite, and excited. Never demanding. It doesn't hurt to ask, but do it in a way that doesn't leave the person you're talking to in a bind if they're not allowed or unable to do anything. It really started our trip off on a high note, and I tell anyone who is flying SW for such an occasion to give it a try too. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

It never hurts to reach out to us in advance on Twitter! Sometimes we’re able to coordinate a little something with the station or Crew 😊

Nicole
Community Manager

Cable-TV-Guy
Adventurer C

After seeing the FA's dressed in Halloween costumes for the IAD-DEN segment of my trip west back in October, I wouldn't put anything past SW team members!  (Within reason, of course!)

Newlyweds091022
Explorer C

How would you recommend we go about getting perks for the honeymoon? We are flying out tomorrow from Little Rock to Orlando 

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you tell the gate attendant and / or the flight attendant at the front of the plane when you board that you were just married and are headed for your honeymoon, then you might get some recognition while on the flight.

BTW, congrats!