Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Aruba

bknight60
Explorer C

We used to fly from Orlando to Aruba - NONSTOP.  In the past few years, we'd have a layover in Ft. Lauderdale, no biggie.  Now, the only flights to Aruba are on Saturdays with a layover in Baltimore.  BALTIMORE?  Doesn't even make sense.    I can get a return flight from Aruba to Orlando (by way of Baltimore), but I cannot get a flight going to Aruba, unless it's on a Saturday.  If ONLY the ONE flight leaving from Baltimore to Aruba left about 40 minutes later, I could make the connection.  What gives?  Stop the Madness Southwest!  Any idea when new routes will open up?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Aruba

jksobonya
Aviator A

Stop the madness! 😂 I agree. Routes are changing all the time due to a) the pandemic response and b) increases/decreases in demand. We don't have any more insight than you regarding when/where Southwest will add or take away routes. You are more than welcome to suggest route options to them using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. That way you'll talk to Southwest themselves - we are just fellow flyers and don't have that kind of power, haha.

Thanks,

Jessica

bknight60
Explorer C

Thanks for the tip Jessica and for letting me vent!  I will follow-up on your suggestion to contact SW directly.  I really love SW, but love Aruba more and will probably have to find another carrier to get me there.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bknight60 wrote:

Thanks for the tip Jessica and for letting me vent!  I will follow-up on your suggestion to contact SW directly.  I really love SW, but love Aruba more and will probably have to find another carrier to get me there.

You could tell the airline that you would like to see the route reinstated.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/8724...

TheLuvSeat
Explorer C

I flew from Orlando to Aruba nonstop and it made sense. From Orlando, it's already a 3 hour flight so coming from Baltimore it's even a longer flight and more challenging for people to get to.  Hopefully MCO, ATL, FLL and MIA can pick up a route to Aruba.  It's sooo worth it!