Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

BWI to SJO Nonstop flights

ashah85
Explorer C

I'm wondering where there are no nonstop flights from BWI to San Jose Costa Rica (SJO) available after August 14, 2017?  I'm trying to fly there in September but can only find tickets that fly through HOU.  Did SWA discontinue the nonstop flight?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: BWI to SJO Nonstop flights

franktravel
Aviator B

They could be seasonal.

andreazinn
Explorer C

Hey - I have this question too! I am also trying to book flights for September and December. Any lick with an answer?

scandium
Explorer C

I wondered the same!

Found nothing in oct 2017 through march 2018.

But! I found nonstop BWI-SJO in July-august this year. So it appears it's seasonal. It is no longer available after August 15th.

I wish there was a better way to find this out than moving return date one day at a time untill it no longer shows up..

omarsidd
Explorer C

Same here. A major oversight on Southwest's part to not find a way to represent the range of seasonal flights. As it is, you have to know that there's a seasonal option, and then google around to try to find the range (or pore over the flight schedules). It's a frustratingly backwards experience.

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

A good amount of flights are seasonal but they usually will post up their “summer schedules” especially on the investor page 

here is the one this summer 

http://investors.southwest.com/news-and-events/news-releases/2017/11-02-2017-210007041

Hope that helps 🙂