Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Bahamas - Why no flights late April/May?

Roycap
Explorer C

Anyone know why SW has not opened up flights to the Bahamas past April 23? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bahamas - Why no flights late April/May?

dfwskier
Aviator A

There are flights to Nassau every day from now thru the end of the current schedule in September.

What is your departure city? It could be that there are no valid connecting flights from your city past April 23.

Roycap
Explorer C

I am flying from Albany, NY. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This one is a bit puzzling to me. There's something Southwest's system considers invalid, but I don't know exactly what. You can book ALB-FLL via BWI and BWI-NAS via FLL using all the same flights so I don't see where Southwest can say invalid connection since all the segments are bookable. Having 2 connections shouldn't be a problem, but perhaps 2 connections with an international destination is too much? 

If you really want to do this trip on Southwest you'll probably need to book ALB-FLL and FLL-NAS separately. 

Edit... Have you tried calling to book? I doubt that will help, but might be worth a shot. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

I know what the problem is.

In April it's two plane service. ALB BWI on one plane, and BWI NAS on the second.

In May it would be 3 plane service, and Southwest will not book a ticket with more than one plane change. 

It is bookable as a multi city trip - although it is expensive, but less expensive than booking two one ways.

Southwest Airlines - Select Flights