Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Belize

denno
Adventurer B

This information is from Belize authorities:

"Which airlines will provide service to Belize upon re-opening?

To date, three airlines have confirmed resumption of service when the international airport is reopened on August 15th:

• American Airlines – Miami to Belize, daily service (resumes August 18th)
  • United Airlines – Houston to Belize, 5 times per week (resumes August 15th)
  • Delta – Atlanta to Belize, 3 times per week (resumes September 3rd"

When will Southwest get going with Belize service again?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Belize

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It does not appear that Southwest has scheduled a date to resume service to Belize. 

--TheMiddleSeat

denno
Adventurer B

Thanks Middle Seat, but unless you work for Southwest in Network Planning, it appears you and I are equally uninformed on this one.  I was hoping for a reply from someone "in the know" from the company.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@denno wrote:

Thanks Middle Seat, but unless you work for Southwest in Network Planning, it appears you and I are equally uninformed on this one.  I was hoping for a reply from someone "in the know" from the company.

Yup, no one here (except self identified employees) works for the airline.

It is not likely that any airline would "pre-announce" planned schedules. Why? Because things might change before the formal announcement. I'm afraid that the best you'll be able to do is wait for the formal announcement.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

And even with well thought out flight plans and schedules, they change. I've had 3 this past 3 months that have changed and/or been canceled altogether, including a trip to Cozumel.  Not berating you, but NOBODY should think that anything is going to go as planned at this time.  I live in a state where for the past month on and off 5 times were able to eat indoors, and then not.  Right now not, and only outdoors.  That may even change tomorrow.  It's just the way it is right now.  Yes, we all hope for the best, but deal with the reality of the final result.