Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

BurlingtonVT

BurlingtonVT
Explorer C

When will you have service to Burlington VT?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: BurlingtonVT

virgen410
Explorer C

Bumping up this message.

SW needs an airport in Burlington, VT (BTV) ASAP please.

I got invited to a college graduation and the nearest airport is 2.5 hours away drive.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Southwest does serve a few airports in that size range. It would just depend on gate availability first and then also what would be the major routes. Looking at some other similar sized facilities Southwest would want to get a good load factor to two or three other cities from there. 

Are the fares high right now where Southwest could come in and disrupt the market?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

Burlington currently has around 165 weekly departures, that's larger than both Montrose (Telluride) and Hayden/Steamboat Springs as well as Bellingham and similar in size to Eugene, OR which are all recent additions to Southwest's network. There are several areas that I think are more likely to get Southwest service such as Harrisburg, PA and Knoxville, TN among several others. If Southwest did serve Burlington, I would guess it would be from Baltimore and Orlando with potential additional service to Chicago and Tampa.

You can request it by commenting on any Southwest social media post or below by clicking contact us. Route development usually takes years, so they might already be working on it. They have said that they're focusing on rebuilding their network prior to the pandemic and putting new cities on hold for awhile, so it might be 5 or more years.

Andrew E

DEN based | Aviation Enthusiast

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

virgen410
Explorer C

Thank you so much Andrew.

Looking forward to see non-stop flights specially from BWI to BTV.  

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

Just to be clear. That's just my own analysis, so don't take my word for it 😄

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest