Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canada eh.

Abaker8
Explorer C

If SWA began flying to Canada, would you be interested in taking a vacation North of the border? If so, do you think there are specific popular destinations SWA should focus on within the Canadian market? 

-I am a college student creating a marketing strategy for SWA entrance into the Canadian market and would LUV your thoughts and feedback. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Canada eh.

gsking
Aviator C

I'd totally go for it.   I've only flown into Vancouver and would gladly do so again... especially if I didn't have to deal with other airlines. 

Goforwand1
Adventurer B

Absolutely! Would love to have a flight that goes to Calgary for a vacation to Banff  & Lake Louise

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Goforwand1 wrote:

Absolutely! Would love to have a flight that goes to Calgary for a vacation to Banff  & Lake Louise

If you want to go tBanff, unless you want to spend the rest of your life driving., try Vancouver instead.

edit add. Bad information. I was thinking whistler

Goforwand1
Adventurer B

@dfwskier"If you want to go to Banff, unless you want to spend the rest of your life driving., try Vancouver instead". Why would I go to Vancouver if I wanted to go to Banff? Calgary airport to Banff is 90 minutes away

dfwskier
Aviator A

Correct. I was thing Whistler.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I think it would be great if Southwest expanded into Canada. Maybe someday!

--Jessica

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Vancouver

Montreal

Toronto  

I would take a trip to all 3.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal all would be good Canadates. 😂

I'm more into the urban eating vacation than hiking.

I have flown Porter to Toronto and Montreal before and they are very good as well in the meantime. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

I know this is well after your project, but I think Southwest should try to enter Canada though right now they are trying to serve Canada with Buffalo NY (Toronto) and their intent to serve Bellingham WA (Vancouver). Canada has a lot of higher fees for landing, overflight, and for general use fees (passengers needing to use services such as customs). I would say:

Top Focuses - more leisure oriented

Calgary for Banff 

-served from Denver, Chicago, Oakland, Vegas, seasonally to Phoenix

Vancouver for Canadian Rockies/Vancouver itself

-served from Denver, Oakland, Vegas, seasonally to Phoenix

Secondary focuses

Toronto

-served from Baltimore, Chicago, Vegas* seasonally to Dallas, Orlando, Phoenix, Tampa

Montreal

-served from Baltimore, Chicago, Vegas* seasonally to Dallas, Orlando, Phoenix, Tampa

I believe these to be slightly more business oriented still with significant tourism though.

*Saturday only service

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest