Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancellation stats today--Southwest is No. 1 in the world by a wide margin

douginKY
Explorer A

Wow, for the sake of everyone I hope they can get this resolved soon.  But as of right now SWA has cancelled 62% of its flights today.  Second of the U.S. carriers is Delta with 8%.  This is per Flightaware.com.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cancellation stats today--Southwest is No. 1 in the world by a wide margin

dfwskier
Aviator A

it certainly is a mess -- and now it looks like the reservation system has crashed...

SWAnotherWokeCo
Adventurer C

This runs deep. Obviously, SW has had a serious operational staffing problem that has been ignored for some time. Unfortunately, we are seeing it play out in real time. Heads should roll.

floridaguy
Aviator C

Heads will roll.  People will now be demanding refunds on future flights and will refuse flight credit.  Southwest should expect thousands of disputes from credit card carriers and if they don't stay on top of those, the charge gets reversed.

It is sad to see such inefficiency and slop in today's business environment.  Sad.

Nikki2023
Explorer A

I was booked and rebooked on three flights this weekend from LAX to SJC. An hour's flight, two on Christmas Eve and the last one on Christmas Day. Spent ten hours in the airport until 1 am. All were canceled. I didn't even get a notification that yesterday's rebooked flight was canceled. I had to rely on a flight tracking app to see what was going on. When I went online SW refunded my money. No notice, no nothing. Completely wasted my holiday.