Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Change Flight

sbtraveler
Explorer C

I made my reservations in March to go see my grandchildren. Since then, my flight changed 3 times and the final stop will take me almost 12 hours to get to my destination and I have 2 layover instead of 1. I know there is no other options to get to my destination, but I was hoping I can fly home a day later at no charge including not paying the difference in the flight. Can you please help?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change Flight

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Since the airline has changed your flight you are entitled to make 1 free change to your reservation at no cost with no fare difference within 14 days (earlier or later) some are reporting being able to change plus or minus 30 days. To make the change you can reach out to Southwest at 800-435-9792 or reach out though Twitter or Facebook in a DM. another option is to use the in app chat feature. 

-Blake

sbtraveler
Explorer C
Solution

I appreciate the info. I tried calling a couple of days ago, but the wait time was long. I did try again just now and was able to speak to a live person within 5 minutes so YAY! and customer service was very helpful. And that's why I love Southwest.😊

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@sbtraveler I'm glad you were able to get it worked out!

Happy flying.

-A List, Companion Pass holder