Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Christmas Disaster and LIES

Beth1275591
Explorer C

On December 26, 2022 my husband and I had a flight to see our grandkids.  Everything was cancelled we were stranded in Chicago and now the LIES and games of SW.  We tried calling for over a month for  our 25,000 points we were both promised.  No answers... waiting on hold for hours.  Finally on Jan. 20 we talked to someone got a case number and this begins the LIES. We were told 5-7 business days and we could get help.  Then we were told 30 business days.  Fast forward to today- we were told no one can help and on March 31,2023 we will lose these points because SW can't seem to help us get them.  I understand you can't spell fLIES without LIES but this is wrong.  Sadly, we will now be contacting the Department of Transportation and we are so thankful for our son who is a lawyer but to all the other people.... Southwest you are BETTER than this.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Christmas Disaster and LIES

Emily9214891
Explorer C

How can they set a date for when the points can be lost..... if they (SW) are the reason you can't get them?!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Beth1275591 wrote:

On December 26, 2022 my husband and I had a flight to see our grandkids.  Everything was cancelled we were stranded in Chicago and now the LIES and games of SW.  We tried calling for over a month for  our 25,000 points we were both promised.  No answers... waiting on hold for hours.  Finally on Jan. 20 we talked to someone got a case number and this begins the LIES. We were told 5-7 business days and we could get help.  Then we were told 30 business days.  Fast forward to today- we were told no one can help and on March 31,2023 we will lose these points because SW can't seem to help us get them.  I understand you can't spell fLIES without LIES but this is wrong.  Sadly, we will now be contacting the Department of Transportation and we are so thankful for our son who is a lawyer but to all the other people.... Southwest you are BETTER than this.

Try reaching out on Twitter if you use that platform instead of the phone. 

Are you only waiting on the 25,000 points or did you have other expenses? 

I don't think you will get anywhere with the DOT about the points since those are separate from the incurred costs. However if you have expenses that should be refunded in cash and haven't been, then that's a different story.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@Beth1275591 wrote:

Are you only waiting on the 25,000 points or did you have other expenses? 

I don't think you will get anywhere with the DOT about the points since those are separate from the incurred costs. However if you have expenses that should be refunded in cash and haven't been, then that's a different story.

This 100%. The points were a gesture of goodwill. While it is unfortunate that you did not receive them, there is no obligation to provide them to you. There's not enough information in your post to make a judgment as to whether you should have received them or not. Several people have mentioned having luck contacting Southwest via Facebook so you might try that route. You will want to be much clearer about what exactly you are looking for and provide specific information about your flights.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

Another Holiday DISASTER story, as it has come to be called.