Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Denver to Phoenix

Queenofthefort
Explorer C

I’m traveling to Phoenix from Denver May 9. I’m a bit concerned as Colorado is relaxing it’s stay at home orders. Has anyone flown this route recently and how crowded was it. Currently they only have 4 flights that day and it’s still showing available seats for the wanna get away now fare. . SW will not divulge flight loads.. it’s making me somewhat nervous as I recently heard TSA is seeing more passengers as people are beginning to fly. Any thoughts are appreciated or if you know how SW is practicing social distancing. Given the chance would they fill the plane?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Denver to Phoenix

Denay
Explorer C

I am flying DEN to PHX this weekend and worried about it too. Hopefully Southwest doesn't pack people in or there are idiots who don't wear masks 😞

I'll update my comment after my flight and let you know how it goes.

UPDATE I took a 6 am flight and it only had 20 people on it. Everyone got their own row. Flight crew all had masks on and so did most people on the flight. It was really eerie going through security as the only person. They are not wiping down the buckets though. Overall the airport is dead so you'll have your own space to avoid people. 

Queenofthefort
Explorer C

That would be wonderful if you could update to my comment so I get notice. I think it will be worse in 2 weeks, you’re probably pretty safe right now. Thank you in advance for the update.

Queenofthefort
Explorer C

How was the trip from DEN to PHX?