Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Direct flight switched to having a plane change in Chicago

eeedge
Explorer C

I booked a direct flight from LAX to BWI for December because I'm concerned about my child being exposed to more people during a pandemic.  Now, two months out, Southwest has altered the flight to having her change planes in Chicago without offering the option to switch to a different direct flight.  This far out, the change is clearly not because of a lack of passengers.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Direct flight switched to having a plane change in Chicago

jksobonya
Aviator A

Southwest is consolidating / cutting back on a lot of flights. My December flights changed also. Unfortunately nonstops are becoming less and less common.

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Because Southwest changed the flight you are entitled to a free change or even a refund back to the original method of payment if you would prefer.  Look to see if there is another flight option you like better, perhaps a non-stop is available at a different time or even a different day then contact Southwest to make the change.  Sending a private message via Twitter or Facebook may be faster than calling on the phone.

--TheMiddleSeat

ChillinLinda
Explorer C

They have switched two one way flights twice!  The first time the very next day.  They are wanna get away fares but when I try to change to a different flight that is not as long (only one stops are available) they are trying to make me pay.  hold times on the phone are ridiculous and there is no one to email ?!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ChillinLinda wrote:

They have switched two one way flights twice!  The first time the very next day.  They are wanna get away fares but when I try to change to a different flight that is not as long (only one stops are available) they are trying to make me pay.  hold times on the phone are ridiculous and there is no one to email ?!

Yes there i a way to send  an e-mail.

To do so

1) Click on "contact us" below

2) When that page come us, click on "send us  message"

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ChillinLinda

As I mentioned above, sending a private message on social media is the best option. I would not suggest email.

--TheMiddleSeat