Direct flights from Tucson to LAX and SAN

Tucson
Explorer C

When will these direct flights resume?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Direct flights from Tucson to LAX and SAN

dfwskier
Aviator A

Since this is a customer forum, it is unlikely that anyone here has the answer to your question.

You could contact SW customer relations to let the airline know that you'd like to see the service.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/8724...

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Tucson If you contact customer service, throw in a direct flight between Tucson &  Albuquerque again.  Frustrating that a 1-hour flight between these 2 cities takes me to either Las Vegas, Denver, or Dallas, to sit there for over an hour and then on to Tucson.  No flight under 5 hours and as long as 8.    Don't get me started on the ABQ to El Paso (45 min direct flight) that now has no direct flights without going to again the aforementioned stops on the way.  It's a 4:30 drive by car, and no flight between the 2 cities is less than 5:45.  

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

I personally don't recall a direct flight between Albuquerque and El Paso, but I echo what dfwskier said.

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@5280Av8r It's been some time.  I'm a runner, and El Paso, TX use to have a 15K race that would start in El Paso, run across the border into Mexico, and back to the USA.  Since El Paso is a 4-hour drive from ABQ, I would take the one-way flight.  I wouldn't think I could justify to myself to take a 7-8 hour flight that gets me where I'm going 3-4 hours later than I could drive, AND, have to get a rental car.