Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does Nashville Still Offer Service To Buffalo?

SouthwestLover2
Explorer C

So I live in Nashville and I want to go to Niagara Falls. I know that you guys fly there. And I have rewards here so I was excited. We want to leave on the last weekend of June and come back the first weekend of July (Because Buffalo to Nashville flights are only on the weekends). I look for flights and there’s a bunch with 1 stop and none with nonstop??? What happened??? Does Nashville not fly to Buffalo anymore? Is there any way I can get there nonstop? You guys were the only airline who offered nonstop service to Buffalo so I was pretty sad? Can I still book it for then? Do you guys have nonstop but don’t show it?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Does Nashville Still Offer Service To Buffalo?

bec102896
Aviator A

I did some research and starting August 15th they have 1 non stop on Saturdays only from Nashville to Buffalo. Schedules change all the time so they may bring back daily non stop service at a later date or it could stay at once per week service. I also see there are daily flights starting in June 28th with 1 stop no plane change. 

-Blake

SouthwestLover2
Explorer C

Ok but how did it end? There was never any tweet or anything saying that it would stop. And on the schedule it says there are still planes every Saturday and Sunday! When did it stop? Also is there any chance that it will come earlier, the nonstop service? You say it changes all the time so...

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@SouthwestLover2 wrote:

Ok but how did it end? There was never any tweet or anything saying that it would stop. And on the schedule it says there are still planes every Saturday and Sunday! When did it stop? Also is there any chance that it will come earlier, the nonstop service? You say it changes all the time so...

What I mean by schedules change all the time is some non stop routes are seasonal meaning they might only do non stop flights during a certain time of year (summer, winter) usually once the schedule is released flights aren't added. 

Since Southwest didn't pull out of Buffalo completely there was no notice provided. If they tweeted everytime a route is suspended or cancelled all together there Twitter feed would be clogged up big time.

Another thought is southwest has about 30 MAX8 planes that they can't fly because they are grounded so southwest has made schedule cuts because of that plane not being available for use some schedule cuts include cutting certain non stops. 

With the pandemic going on and travel levels very low I don't think non stop flights will be added to the current schedule. 

-Blake