Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

FAYETTEVILLE, NC FAY Airport ?

dti4
Explorer C

Unless you know someone in the Airforce, or Army probably not a familiar place. Fort Bragg NC probably has the largest military population in the US with a small regional airport served by AA and Delta (UA used to fly there). What are your thoughts on this route? maybe to Texas where the next largest base may be... Fort Hood TX? AUS or DAL maybe...

then to LAS close enough to Fort Irwin, CA. theres probably other routes better routes.

next closes airport to FAY is RDU and it is about 1-1.5 hour away. FAY airport is currently remodeling. and would definitely like to see Southwest out there! just hoping 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: FAYETTEVILLE, NC FAY Airport ?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You're welcome to submit your comments directly to Southwest. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

RDU is just 66 miles from Fort Bragg and has quite a few non-stops, 10 or more, (looks like 2 to TX.) Pretty robust for a "smaller" airport.

Best of luck in your travels and thank you for your service

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

likely too small with AA CLT

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dti4 wrote:

Unless you know someone in the Airforce, or Army probably not a familiar place. Fort Bragg NC probably has the largest military population in the US with a small regional airport served by AA and Delta (UA used to fly there). What are your thoughts on this route? maybe to Texas where the next largest base may be... Fort Hood TX? AUS or DAL maybe...

then to LAS close enough to Fort Irwin, CA. theres probably other routes better routes.

next closes airport to FAY is RDU and it is about 1-1.5 hour away. FAY airport is currently remodeling. and would definitely like to see Southwest out there! just hoping 

I live in Chicago area and MDW, ORD, and MKE are all about an hour away from me so I'm not sure getting closer than RDU would be justified necessarily. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

It seems rather small for Southwest, with limited leisure and business traffic. Southwest flies to some pretty small airports (Bellingham, Hayden/Steamboat Springs, Montrose, Fresno, Corpus Christi, Harlingen). All of these are still bigger than Fayetteville, NC because they have either decent leisure or business traffic. If Southwest were to serve Fayetteville, NC, it would likely be to one airport, likely Baltimore or Atlanta. However, I would think that Southwest would just serve these people through RDU.

Andrew E

DEN Based | Aviation Enthusiast

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest