Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

First-time International Flyer

renael
Explorer C

Hello! I'm going to be flying from Boston to Berlin with Wow Air. However, I live in Dallas and was planning on purchasing tickets through Southwest. Does anyone know if I will need to leave the secure side to pick up my baggage, re-check it, and go back through security to transfer from Southwest to Wow Air?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: First-time International Flyer

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

When changing from Southwest Airlines to a different airline you are responsible for picking up you bags and bringing them to your next airline. 

Good Luck! 

renael
Explorer C

That's most inconvenient. Oh well, at least I know now. Thank you!

boomer6954
Explorer A

If you are switching from Southwest to Wow in Boston, be sure to leave more than enought time as Southwest flies in and out of the A Terminal remote annex and Wow is in the E Terminal (International).  You either need to cut across the parking garage or take a shuttle.

Assuming you will be connecting via Reykjavik on Wow?  I took Icelandair to Amsterdam out of Boston last year and had to connect in Reykjavik.  Immigration was easy as Iceland is part of the Schengen so no immigration in Germany.  I just wished I had done a "stopover" of a day in Iceland to see it while passing through.  Next time.....