Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

First-time International Flyer

renael
New Arrival

Hello! I'm going to be flying from Boston to Berlin with Wow Air. However, I live in Dallas and was planning on purchasing tickets through Southwest. Does anyone know if I will need to leave the secure side to pick up my baggage, re-check it, and go back through security to transfer from Southwest to Wow Air?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: First-time International Flyer

franktravel
Rising Star
Solution

Hi 

When changing from Southwest Airlines to a different airline you are responsible for picking up you bags and bringing them to your next airline. 

Good Luck! 

renael
New Arrival

That's most inconvenient. Oh well, at least I know now. Thank you!

boomer6954
New Arrival

If you are switching from Southwest to Wow in Boston, be sure to leave more than enought time as Southwest flies in and out of the A Terminal remote annex and Wow is in the E Terminal (International).  You either need to cut across the parking garage or take a shuttle.

Assuming you will be connecting via Reykjavik on Wow?  I took Icelandair to Amsterdam out of Boston last year and had to connect in Reykjavik.  Immigration was easy as Iceland is part of the Schengen so no immigration in Germany.  I just wished I had done a "stopover" of a day in Iceland to see it while passing through.  Next time.....