Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Route

DolfinVA
Explorer C

For the last 20 years we have flown back and forth between Orlando, Fl. and Norfolk, Va. They have always offered Non-stop flights. (2hrs or less)

We even stopped using American Airlines to switch to Southwest. I love Southwest! 

Now, there isn't any Non-stop flights at all, but yet, I continually receive emails for flight specials. Of course, Non-stop only!!!!

So, my family can't use these specials. We go between Norfolk and Orlando at least 1-2 times a month. But 7 hours is ridiculous, 4 1/2 hours is even too much. Can't use my emailed special fares to boot.  Have they done anything similar to anyone else?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Flight Route

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

With so few people flying, every airline has pared back routes. Maybe when people start flying again, you'll get your nonstop again.

The question isn't "has anybody else seen this?" It is "has anybody not seen this."

Sorry.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Agree with the skier.  I've had multiple nonstop flights changed over the past several months.  As fares pick up, more non-stop flights should be opened.  IM HOPING.  Just like the multiple other things we have had to adjust to during this time, this is yet another one.

lglenn1816
Explorer C

I have the same issue flying from Minneapolis/St. Paul to Norfolk (via Midway, Baltimore, Orlando) NO flights. Yet, if I got there, I could possibly fly home. Is there anyway to signup for a notification when our favorite flights will be reinstated? I fly this route approximately three times a year to see grandchildren.

Thank you.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@lglenn1816 wrote:

I have the same issue flying from Minneapolis/St. Paul to Norfolk (via Midway, Baltimore, Orlando) NO flights. Yet, if I got there, I could possibly fly home. Is there anyway to signup for a notification when our favorite flights will be reinstated? I fly this route approximately three times a year to see grandchildren.

Thank you.

Sorry, but the airline likely changes hundreds of flights every day - both near and far departure dates. It would be impossible for the airline to keep track of every passenger and every flight change.

Your best bet is to check the flight schedule occasionally.