Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight itineraries

denno
Adventurer B

Does anyone know if it’s possible to display the full itinerary of a multi-segment flight number to see a previous or a subsequent point?  This has to do with flight status and not necessarily a reservation. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Flight itineraries

dfwskier
Aviator A

Not sure what you mean by "a previous and subsequent point."

denno
Adventurer B

Example: Flight 123 operates Pittsburgh-Chicago midway-Denver-Portland.  But if you pull up flight status you have to put the particular segment (MDW-DEN) and it will not tell you, at least that I found, that the flight originated in Pittsburgh or will continue to Portland.  

By comparison, a check with United flight status and you can see several previous segments or aircraft points of origin, aircraft registration number and all kinds of info. 

What I’m looking for is a way to enter the flight number and see the full itinerary of that particular flight number. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

FlightRadar will do that.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If I understand you correctly you want to see the list of cities a particular flight number traveled to on a particular day. The FlightRadar24 app will do that for recent days. Historical data can be found online through some work, most sites and apps want you to pay for older data.

--TheMiddleSeat

denno
Adventurer B

I was hoping to initially find something within the Southwest website that I had perhaps not yet discovered. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

For simplicity, I usually just Google "WN + the flight number," and the top link is usually Flight Aware, which will show you the current status, along with the full schedule and flight history.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

For flights departing today/tomorrow you can use the full website and when you go to flight status page and expand the status you can click on the flight number and it will show you the schedule for that flight number. 

-Blake

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

Southwest allows you to search flight status by flight number and it shows all the flights under that flight number from my understanding/experience.

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest