Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight times?

Kjstieda
Explorer C

It looks like in 2023 so far there are no weekday flights after 4:50 from Milwaukee to Orlando.  In the past there were always a flight or two between 6-8pm.  When flight times are released, do they generally add more as you get closer or what is released is all that will be released?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight times?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I guess that is a matter of demand. If demand is better than expected, then SW might add flights. If not, it would not.

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

not quite sure what they base flights on, but we were looking at flights from MCI to TPA for January.  Only 1 non-stop flight each way.  Used to be 5 or 6 non-stop flights each way.  Crazy going into a cold month and flying into a winter destination!  

Happy planning of your trip. 😊

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Gottlieb1 wrote:

@Kjstieda wrote:

It looks like in 2023 so far there are no weekday flights after 4:50 from Milwaukee to Orlando.  In the past there were always a flight or two between 6-8pm.  When flight times are released, do they generally add more as you get closer or what is released is all that will be released?

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared. I will try to figure it out for more.

The answer would be generally they are not adding, it has been much more common to reduce the schedules in the past year. 

As far as making plans I would definitely not count on a later flight being slipped onto the schedule. It is possible in theory, but unlikely given the crunch on planes and pilots. and staff in general.

O'Hare is available to you now if you are on the southern portion of MKE but the flights are more business'y from ORD and you may not see late flights to MCO from there either, but worth checking. There are some MCO routes.

Unfortunately it would be a 2.5 hour drive for you to MDW so if you are looking for an 8 p.m. flight you'd be better off just taking the 4:50 p.m. option from MKE.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.