Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flights for mid November 2022?

waldman4757
Explorer C

I'm trying to book flights with Southwest BHM-LAS for mid to late November 2022 and the schedule has not been set (it ends with November 5th, which was set several months ago). This is my second time trying to book with Southwest so I'm not familiar with their schedule update logic.

I'd like to wait for Southwest but if they routinely publish schedules less than six months out I'll book elsewhere. I know to keep checking back and have been doing so since early February. Any other advice or guidance would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Flights for mid November 2022?

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

I'm confused as to why you need to book more than 6 months out. Could you explain why you can't wait for Southwest to release the schedule which will probably happen by the end of the month? 

-Andrew E

DEN Based | Aviation Enthusiast

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

waldman4757
Explorer C

I routinely book 9 months out. I travel on business and need to set schedules as far in advance as possible. I have confirmed flights up to March 2023 (Delta). Changes rarely happen and when they do they are last minute and we make do.

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

Southwest is primarily a leisure and point-to-point airline (with very large focus cities, lol). Because of this, they are constantly determining days and times that people want to fly particular routes and adjust schedules accordingly. Because of the possibility of shifting times/days/frequencies from schedule update to schedule update, Southwest may take awhile to compile the schedule. Other airlines like American, Delta, and United operate the same flight at the same time every day, so they can much more easily allow bookings further out. For Southwest, it would cause more customer service headaches with an increased likelihood of flight changes which still happen with the current system.

-Andrew E

DEN Based | Aviation Enthusiast

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Southwest tells everyone when it plans to next do a schedule update - subject to change.

So at this moment SW plans to do a schedule update on June  16 which will open the schedule thru January 4, 2023

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-FLY-FLTSCHEDULES

As a rule of thumb, the airline makes flights available for booking about 6-7 months in advance.

waldman4757
Explorer C

Thank you, this is just what I was looking for.