Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flights to Kauai, HI in Dec. from DC area?

TomBrosnan
Explorer C

Hi: I am trying to book a flight to KI from either BWI, DCA or IAD but there are NO flights available in Dec. or any months before that. Is this correct? If so, any idea when this will change? 

Thanks,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flights to Kauai, HI in Dec. from DC area?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Because of the departure/arrival times to/from Hawaii,  very few cities east of say Phoenix have connections. 

Thus the best you'll be able to do is book a flight to the west coast, and then a separate flight to Hawaii the next day, and the reverse of that on the way home.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Coming from NY, I feel the request. Be sure to message/share feedback via social media or the Contact Us form below. I'd note that due to COVID, any new routes would likely be delayed. But hey, feedback always helps.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

dfwskier
Aviator A

Actually, there is a way to do what you want, but you can't book it as a one way from BWI to OGG because it involved 2 plane changes and the Southwest reservation system will not book a reservation that involves two plane change.

But you can book it as a multi city trip. Here's what i found for December 9. It would be a very long day. Because SW does not fly red eye flights, there is no way to do the return in one day.

southwest.com/air/booking/select.html?adultPassengersCount=1&departureDate=2020-12-09&departureTimeOfDay=ALL_DAY&destinationAirportCode=OAK&fareType=USD&int=HOMEQBOMAIR&originationAirportCode=BWI&passengerType=ADULT&reset=true&returnAirportCode=OGG&returnDate=2020-12-09&returnTimeOfDay=ALL_DAY&seniorPassengersCount=0&tripType=multicity