Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flights to PVR Mexico but NO return flights ? Why and How do they fix it.

etandrake2
Explorer C

Trying to book a round trip flight in Jan. or Feb. from DTW, Detroit, to PVR, Puerto Vallarta, can not be done. You can fly out most any time Jan. or Feb. but you cant get back the same day.  LOL !

SW needs a better flight managing system. March 7 is the first return flight. Guess they think you would stay 2 months.

If some flights were changed by 30 min. on each end you coud return the same day. I know they must be Loosing many bookings from DTW for round trips or people trying to fly from DTW to PVR in Jan. or Feb.  Would be interesting for them to see how many they have boked?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flights to PVR Mexico but NO return flights ? Why and How do they fix it.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@etandrake2 wrote:

Trying to book a round trip flight in Jan. or Feb. from DTW, Detroit, to PVR, Puerto Vallarta, can not be done. You can fly out most any time Jan. or Feb. but you cant get back the same day.  LOL !

SW needs a better flight managing system. March 7 is the first return flight. Guess they think you would stay 2 months.

If some flights were changed by 30 min. on each end you coud return the same day. I know they must be Loosing many bookings from DTW for round trips or people trying to fly from DTW to PVR in Jan. or Feb.  Would be interesting for them to see how many they have boked?

I think you have answered your own post - this actually came up on aother thread that the combination of return flights to DTW isn't allowed through the booking software. For whatever reason the scheduling leaving PVR doesn't allow for a connection to DTW coming back until the schedule adjusts itself in March.

I guess to answer your question in one regard - we know of at least two people that wanted to make this trip during the Jan/Feb time frame. Hopefully each of you can write in to Southwest to let them know the desirability of a connection to DTW during this time.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Flights to PVR Mexico but NO return flights ? Why and How do they fix it.

dfwskier
Aviator A

This topic came up in a previous thread:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/International-Travel/confused-on-international-flight-sched...

There are lots of moving parts involved in setting the systemwide schedule. I can only guess that the return from PVR had to be set to allow connections to other cities, but left DTW a victim.