Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Fly to Fresno

WatermanUSA
Explorer C

Hello!  I have been a Southwest traveler for years... I changed jobs and now fly form Denver to Fresno 1-3 times a month.  United has a stranglehold on that route... I have flown to LAX and to SJC but the 3-5 hours drive each way is a killer.

The United planes are always full.... Fresno is a tourist destination.... Even if it's a hop passing through to the Bay Area or LA, it would be great.

Come on folks, lets see if we can get this in fornt of the right Southwest execs and see if we can fly to Fresno...

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Fly to Fresno

major
Adventurer C

Yes, Please add Fresno!!!!  I would use it once a month for business travel.

Avia8tor
Explorer A

yes please reconsider service to Fresno.  We have been waiting for years for your service.  5th largest city in California and no Southwest Airlines service.  Please stop flying over us and land a few planes and begin service here.

BrieStrickland
Frequent Flyer C

Hey @Avia8tor,

We're constantly evaluating our service and routes. I'll pass along the valuable feedback.

Brie 

Community Moderator 

Avia8tor
Explorer A

Thanks Brie for your reply,

I would think if Southwest Airlines desired to maintain their excellent position as California's most prefered, most loved airline, while battling it out with Alaska, United and Delta in this competetive environment that opening a few more California markets like Fresno, Palm Springs and Santa Barbara makes good business sense.  Those airlines mentioned offer service to many more California airports.  The cities mentioned have large population areas that are business and tourist destinations too far to drive to catch a Southwest flight (when they have an airport nearby) that would welcome the service and would happily get the Southwest Visa and be loyal customers.  Fresno is the closest airport to 3 of the top National Parks in America, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia. It's the 5th largest city in California and largest Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) in the United States, behind only Honolulu,  without Southwest Airlines service.  There are quite a few small market cities that you all operate to with only 3-7 flights a day that appear to be successful and in my opinion you have more opportunities in California. The reason the historical loads are low in Fresno is due to high fares, limited flights, no low fare airline presence.  If you want to see "The Southwest Effect" again, I would recommend reconsidering service to Fresno. 

Thanks for sharing my comments with your system analysts.   

Much regards!

mehdoh
Explorer C

A Fresno route would be wonderful ... I'm sure you'd have full flights ... competition is United and Frontier ... easy for S outhwest to handle.

SylviaGR
Explorer C

PLEASE Come to Fresno. I fly my grandchildren in and they are minors, so I HAVE to drive HOURS to pick them up / take them to airport. Sacramento.. LAX, San Jose.. We fly to Louisiana and we fly out of LAX / Sac / SJ.. WE WANT SOUTHWEST HERE IN FRESNO!!

SteveShaw86
Explorer C

I live in SLC and Fresno and Las Vegas. My wife and I fly for work and family trips 1 to 2 times a month. We are loyal to SWA so we drive to SJC, OAK or LAX to fly with SWA. Please come to FRESNO! We need to break the stranglehold on some markets.

Robina
Explorer C

Yes, please open a route in Fresno. I am a very dedicated Southwest traveler. I recently relocated to south of Fresno, and I've been traveling on a competitor airline. It has not been a good experience. Please consider a Southwest airline in Fresno.  Fresno has within oneohour travel time,  the most visited national parks - Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and the Sierra Mountains please open a airport designation in Fresno thank you.

lisamom2four
Explorer C

Yes please!

Fresno to Ontario!

Lisa